History and Photo Gallery

Springville or Spring City

Spring City Pump

As this area was settled, it came to be referred to as “pump town” due to a public water pump used by citizens and visitors located at Yost Avenue and Main Street.  Eventually, the natural springs in the area tendered an obvious name and “Springville” was chartered on August 12, 1867.  It was discovered that Pennsylvania already had a Springville, so in 1872 a petition was signed by residents of the Borough of Springville requesting the name be changed to Spring City. The original cup that was attached to the pump with a chain is on display at the museum of the Spring Ford Area Historical Society.

Then and Now Photos

Spring City Postcards